Click on this file for a copy of these procedures for you to view/print :
Team Manager Responsibilities - Revised January 2021
OPENING FIELD – HOME TEAM
- Combinations to small lock boxes (near electric box and the score tower) and shed will be provided to you by your Commissioners. The small lock boxes use the same code.
- Unlock the small lock box below the electric box on the home field side, use the key to open the electric box, place the key back in the small lock box and lock it.
- Use the MASTER KEYS, from the Electric box, connected to small steel flat bar. These keys are used in the following steps. If keys are missing contact Field Maintenance Group.
- Unlock home and visitor dugout gates.
- Unlock emergency gate.
- Unlock black storage box near home dugout.
- Get defibrillator, ice-pack bag, and first-aid kits from shed. Place defibrillator, ice-pack bag, and home first-aid kit along home dugout wall. Place visitor first-aid kit along visitor dugout wall.
- Remove batting circles from top of tarp and place in appropriate home and visitor spots. Remove rectangle carpet squares from top of tarp and place as far back from Catcher’s position as possible. Fold up tarp and place next to black storage box.
- Using paint machine from the shed, paint foul lines, 30’ first base running lane, commitment line, scoring line that runs to the wall, and the runners diagonal line. Also, paint coach’s boxes just outside 1stand 3rd Return paint machine to the shed.
- Place bases found in black storage box on the infield. Place plugs from base inserts along the fence under the first-base ball holder. Place bases in the proper anchors on the field for your league, as the base length varies by league.
- Unlock Score tower storage bin, 9-1-1 phone, and chairs using master keys from step 3. Set up Scoreboard control unit per instructions located in white 3-ring binder. Use umbrella at your discretion. Return keys to their appropriate boxes.
- Make sure field is free of any obstacles. Commissioners and Field Maintenance to determine field is safe to play on in case of frost or poor weather conditions.
- Place extra balls behind home plate, first-base ball holder, and near visitor dugout (for warm-ups). (During the COVID times, use the ball procedures for warm-ups and game play established in those write-ups until such time we can eliminate the COVID rules and procedures).
- If you need the fans, the switches are near the electric box, home field side.
- To turn on misters:
- At the water pump outside of field near center entrance, open the water valve to allow water to flow through pipes.
- Turn the pump on that is outside the field near the Main entrance (switch is on the opposite side of the water valve).
- By the home team dugout, near the electric box, turn on the pump switch.
- Make sure all keys are placed back in their appropriate boxes and locked.
- Small lock box under electric box.
- Electric box.
- Small lock box in the scoring tower.
CLOSING FIELD – HOME TEAM
- Sweep home plate and the batter’s boxes.
- Cover home plate with folded tarp found next to black storage box with silver side up. Put batting circles on top of tarp nearest the front edge. Put rectangle carpet pieces on top of tarp nearest the back edge. Cover as much of the green carpets as possible.
- Return bases to black storage box near home dugout. Insert plugs into empty base slots.
- Remove any extra balls from the field and place in bucket in black storage box. Ensure the umpire vests are put back into appropriate container in black storage box. Lock black storage box. (refer to COVID procedures at this time).
- Return first-aid kit, defibrillator, and orange ice-pack bag to shed. Place on shelves on right-hand side as you walk in the door.
- Pick up anything that does not belong on the field.
- Ensure the Visiting team has locked the Visitor’s gate and returned the Visitor’s first-aid kit to shed.
- Score Tower: Last scorekeeper of the day should make sure the Scoreboard control unit, the brown carpet, chair cushions, heaters, 3-ring binder, and the binoculars have been put into the storage bin. If the umbrella is still in its holder, then remove and put into the storage bin. Lock chairs together using chain and lock found on right-hand side of storage bin. Lock the 9-1-1 phone. Lock the storage box by closing the lid, push and hold the silver rectangle bar to the left and then push the lock in. This should lock the box. Make sure Scoreboard is turned off using on/off switch found under the concrete shelf. The box is marked. If the Scoreboard won’t turn off, then contact the Field Maintenance Group. Home team manager to ensure this was all accomplished.
- Sweep out Home dugout and area in front of bat rack using push broom found inside the fence. Do not sweep any debris (grass or tree droppings) back onto field. Use dust pan (found under the bench) to pick up debris and throw into trash can. All dirt can be swept back onto field. Return broom to its original position.
- Lock the Home gate, emergency gate, electric box, and black storage box. Before locking the electric box ensure the Master keys on the small steel flat bar are inside the box. Also, ensure the small lock box below the electric box is locked and the key is inside. If either set of keys are missing, then contact the Home Team manager that was responsible for opening the field.
- Make sure the pitching screen is in its position on the third base side inside the field.
- If fans are on, turn them off. Fan switches are by the electric box, home field side.
- To turn off misters:
- Home field side, near the electric box, turn off the pump switch.
- At the water pump outside of field near the Main entrance, turn the pump off (switch is on the opposite side of the valve).
- Close the water valve.
CLOSING FIELD – VISITING TEAM
- Return first-aid kit to shed.
- Sweep out dugout and front of bat rack area using push broom found inside the fence. Do not sweep debris (grass or tree droppings) onto field. Use dust pan (under the bench) to pick up debris and put in trash can. All dirt can be swept back onto field. Return broom to original position inside the fence. Return dust pan under the bench.
- Clean up trash and place recyclables in their proper containers.
- Lock Visitor’s Gate.
- Any leftover bats, gloves, shirts etc. can go in the lost and found in the shed.
- Ensure that players are wearing the proper uniform (i.e., Sponsor jersey visible on cold days, league issued ball cap, light gray pants or shorts, and only appropriate jewelry).
- Write up your team’s game summary, per your league’s instructions, for newspaper write up and posting at the field. Make sure to use the complete name of your sponsor (i.e., Liberty Buick vs. Liberty).
- The Board recommends that any suspected injury that involves the head, neck or back requires that a manager ensures that 9-1-1 is called, regardless of the injured player’s wishes.