Please view Club Rules under the Player tab
We recommend that you print the file below containing this information. It prints to 3 pages:
Fall 2019 Saturday League Rules (note formatting may be slightly different than what is in the printed file)
- No choice given for sub preference. Sub Czar appoints a player and that’s that. Managers need to provide Rating and Position.
- Substitute players will be chosen with like numerical rating or higher. If necessary, substitute players may be no more than .1 lower than the player being substituted for. As an example, a player with a 2.8 rating will be substituted with another player at 2.8 or 2.9 as the first choice. If there are no available 2.8 or 2.9, then a 2.7 will be selected. If there are no substitutes available, the Commission can approve an exception but the first choice will be a 3.0 and then a 2.6.
- A sub can only sub 3 times for the same team in the same session. A sub can only sub once per day playing a maximum of two games on Saturday. Exceptions can be requested to be approved by the Commissioner.
- The clock will not be used except on Saturdays when the women have a home game.
- In instances of a delayed start of 20 minutes or more for the first game of the day (frost, rain etc) then all games for the day will be limited to 6 innings.
- If a Player is not available at game time, they have until the start of the 3rd inning (before the first pitch of the top of the 3rd inning) in order to be reinserted into the lineup
- All Visiting Teams begin with a half a run. There will be no ties and no extra inning. If the game is tied at the end of regulation the Visiting Team at the beginning of the game will be declared the winner.
- There will be a 4 run limit per half inning, except the final inning which will be unlimited.
- If the home team falls behind by 10 or more runs while the last inning is being played, the teams will flip-flop at that point and the home team will come up to bat. If the home team finishes its half of the inning ahead of the visiting team, the visiting team will resume their last at bat where they left off when the flip-flop was made.
- If at the completion of the 5th or 6th inning, if either team is ahead by 12 runs or more, the game ends.
- If one game is rained out, all games are considered rained out even if some of them have been played to conclusion. You can report the game but it will not count in the standings.
- 1 and 1 count will be used. One additional foul ball after two strikes will be allowed.
- Pitching Screen is Mandatory at the 15 foot mark and you pitch over it not around it and from the front rubber only. If you pitch a ball that does not go over the screen or from the wrong rubber you will be warned one time. Do it again and you are out of that game and the team is not allowed to replace a rejected player in the batting order – it is an automatic out. You may replace the ejected pitcher with a player from your team that was on the bench or in the field but not from the stands or another team. If replacement pitcher is not available from your team you will continue a player down.
- Batted balls hitting the screen with less than two strikes will be a strike. If two strikes, the pitch does not count. You cannot strikeout hitting the screen. Once the batter has two strikes, hitting the screen with a batted ball is not considered a foul ball for the “One Additional foul ball after two strikes” rule above.
- Pitched balls hitting the screen will be called a ball.
- Either a Mask or a Helmet are required by pitchers. A Mask is not required if you wear a helmet but is recommended. One or the other is mandatory. (Saturday Only Rule – all other Leagues the pitching screen is optional…see their rules but the Club will reimburse any player that provides a current receipt up to $30 for each mask, helmet, chest protector purchased.
- Walk Rule - There will be one Intentional Walk allowed to any batter in any inning. It must be a true strategic move and not just to pitch around someone. Strategic can be subjective but things that will raise concerns are early innings, big leads etc. Walks are allowed in all innings.
- If anyone, in any inning, is walked and it is obvious the pitcher was not giving the batter pitches to hit the batter will walk but the pitcher will be subject to un-sportsmanlike conduct discipline. Opposing Manager, Batter or Umpire can report it to me for review after the game. If you feel there is an issue or could be headed toward an issue make sure you inform the commissioner or alternate commissioner during the game so they can watch more closely if they are there. Board Members in attendance can also report occurrences. The commissioner will talk to Umpire, Batter, Pitcher and both Managers and make a ruling based on the information.
- Unless there is repeated infractions in the same game - there will be no in game changes...reporting and discipline will be after the game
- This is also subjective but things to look for:
- Consistent pitches too high, low, inside, outside
- Same batter walked more than once
- 3 pitch walk (understand you can walk someone on 3 pitches while trying to throw a strike so this is not always a cause for a warning)
- Un-Sportsmanlike Conduct Discipline
- 1st Occurrence - Warning
- 2nd Occurrence same game - Pitcher will be removed. They stay in the game but cannot pitch
- 2nd Occurrence in future game - 1 Game Suspension
- 3rd+ Occurrences in future games - Multiple Game Suspension
- An outfielder cannot attempt to throw a batter out at first base. A relay is allowed to an infielder. If the outfielder attempts a throw to first they will be warned with the second offense resulting in a suspension. Runner shall automatically be awarded 2nd base. All other runners are forced to the next base.
- A throw from a fielder after a ball is put in play that hits the screen is in play.
- There is an imaginary line from third base to first base – fielders, other than the pitcher and catcher, must stay behind that line until the ball is batted. One warning, second offense results in game ejection. Batter shall automatically be awarded 1st base. All other runners are forced to the next base.
- Outfielders must remain on the grass until the ball is batted. One warning, second offense results in game ejection. Batter shall automatically be awarded 1st base. All other runners are forced to the next base.
- Either Home Plate umpire or the Base umpire can call an infield fly
- Sub runners may only run once per inning and 3 times per game. If a potential sub runner touches a base, he or she may come off the base and another sub may run, if the pitcher has not yet made a pitch. If a sub runner is on base and is due to bat, he or she is out on the base and comes in to bat. If it is the 3rd out, that player leads off the next inning.
- Coaches will not force players to have a pinch runner – if they want to run for themselves then you let them run. Batters will not be instructed to take a strike out in an effort to avoid a double play. If Managers do not abide by this policy they will be subject to unsportsmanlike conduct penalties.
- 3 Home Runs per Team per Game. Any Home Run after 3 will be a walk. Each base runner has to be forced to the next base. The batter is not required to touch first base nor are anyone already on base required to touch the next base.
- There is no diving or sliding into a base. However, a runner may dive/slide back into a base he or she has passed.
- Baserunners that do not run towards and touch the safety bag at first base are automatically out. Also, when a first baseman doesn’t use the appropriate bag, baserunner will be awarded second base. This only applies if there is a play at first base. If the batter hits the ball and there is no play he is allowed to touch the white base as he rounds the base (first baseman cannot impede the runner and get out of the way) as they look to go to second base.
- You will only attend the practice that is scheduled for the league you are playing in. No exceptions unless approved by both commissioners. Get caught doing this and it’s a 2 game suspension for the first offense. Second offense, no practice for the rest of the session plus a 4 game suspension. Saturday League only players will be assigned a practice to attend by Saturday League commissioner.
- If you are assigned to a Duty, the player is responsible for getting a replacement. If you, or your replacement does not show up it will be a one game suspension for the original person assigned (Players need to follow up to ensure their sub remembers and not just ask once and hope).
- All players, coaches and umpires WILL go through a postgame handshake line. Anyone not participating will be in violation of our unsportsmanlike conduct policy and subject to unsportsmanlike conduct penalties.