Please view Club Rules under the Player tab - these league rules are a supplement to that document. This document prints to one page
Blue League specific rules 2021
- No tiebreakers permitted.
- Pitchers may request a courtesy runner when on base to facilitate a prompt start to the following inning. A courtesy runner for the pitcher will NOT count towards the 3 times per game but will count for the one time per inning (for the runner).
- A runner on any base whose turn it is to bat, may have a substitute runner WITHOUT an out being declared.
- The four run rule (for half inning) will apply except for last inning.
- All outfielders must stay on grass until ball is hit.
- All infielders shall position outside an imaginary line drawn from the first base bag, through pitching rubber, to third base bag: But shall be allowed inside that line once the ball is hit.
- All teams will field 12 players with positions designated as follows; 1 pitcher, 1 catcher,5 infielders, 5 outfielders. All players will bat.
- All substitute players will be acquired through the sub czars. The subs will be chosen from the sub list FIRST, rating variance of no more than .1 up or down, than the player being replaced. IF necessary to use a roster player ONLY an exact rating may be used for missing player. Once a manager requests a sub, that sub plays in said game, regardless of requesting team’s change of plans.
- In the event of an injury of a player, at time of game, managers will have the option of playing with 11 or 12 players. If a player from stands, of appropriate rating, is available for injured player they may play with approval of both managers.
- Games will be 6 inning games, with 60 minute clock. If clock expires in 4th inning then 5th inning is unlimited last inning. Time runs out in 5th then 6th inning is unlimited last inning.
- If a game is delayed due to frost, that game will be adjusted to fit within original time slot of that game.