Please view Club Rules under the Player tab - these league rules are a supplement to that document. This document prints to one page
Blue League Specific Rules Winter 2022
Blue League specific rules 2022 Revised 1/27/2022
- No tiebreakers permitted.
- Pitchers may request a courtesy runner when on base to facilitate a prompt start to the following inning. A courtesy runner for the pitcher will NOT count towards the 3 times per game but will count for the one time per inning (for the runner).
- A runner on any base whose turn it is to bat, may have a substitute runner WITHOUT an out being declared.
- The four-run rule (for half inning) will apply except for last inning.
- All infielders shall position outside an imaginary line drawn from the first base bag, through pitching rubber, to third base bag: But shall be allowed inside that line once the ball is hit.
- All teams will field 12 players with positions designated as follows; 1 pitcher, 1 catcher,5 infielders, 5 outfielders. All players will bat. No more than five players are allowed on the infield dirt, prior to ball being hit. All outfielders must stay on grass until ball is hit. An infielder has the option of of positioning on the outfield grass, anytime during an at bat.
- All substitute players will be acquired through the sub czars. The subs will be chosen from the sub list FIRST, rating variance of no more than .1 up or down, than the player being replaced. IF necessary to use a roster player ONLY an exact rating may be used for missing player. Once a sub is acquired, that sub plays in said game, regardless of requesting team’s change of plans.
- All subs must be requested through the sub czars until 7pm the night before the game.Any player cancellation after 7pm , the manager may call out using the rostered player list. Otherwise, a late cancellation will be treated like the following: In the event of an injury of a player, at time of game, managers will have the option of playing with 11 or 12 players. If a player from stands, of appropriate rating, is available for injured player they may play with approval of both managers.
- Games will be 7 inning games with a 60-minute clock. If the 5th inning is finished with any time on the 60-minute clock, game will be 7 innings and completed. If the 5th inning is finished and no time left on the clock, game will be 6 innings and completed. The last game of the day will be called completed, by the commissioner on duty, at 4:15pm. This will occur with no regard to number of innings or completed batting sequence, stop time 4:15pm on field clock. Regular standards apply as ties or Wins/Losses by score at 4:15pm. Both teams are to clean up, lock up and be off field by 4:30pm.
- In the case of frost delay of 15 minutes or more the following occurs: all games for that day to be 55 minute clock and 6 innings. The clock will start with the first pitch of the game. Commissioner on duty is to send text to 12 managers as soon as decision to delay is made.