Please view Club Rules under the Player tab - these league rules are a supplement to that document. This document prints to one page
Blue League Specific Rules Fall 2022
1. No tie breakers permitted.
2. Pitchers may request a courtesy runner when on base to facilitate a prompt start to the following inning. A courtesy runner for the pitcher will NOT count toward the 3 times per game but will count for the one time per inning (for the runner).
3. A runner on any base whose turn it is to bat, may have a substitute runner WITHOUT an out being declared.
4. The four-run rule (for half inning) will apply except for the last inning which will be unlimited.
5. All teams will field 11 players with positions designated as follows; l pitcher, L catcher, 5 infielders, 4 outfielders.
All players bat. No more than five infielders are allowed on the infield dirt, prior to a ball being hit. An infielder
has the option of positioning on the outfield grass, anytime during an at bat.
6. All infielders shall position outside an imaginary line drawn from the first base bag through the pitching rubber, to
the third base bag: But they shall be allowed inside that line once a pitched ball is hit.
7. After a batted ball, if there is a play on a runner going to first base, the runner must touch some portion of the
orange base extending into foul territory. The runner will be called out if they fail to do so. lf the runner is avoiding
a collision, then the runner may touch any portion of the white or orange bases. This is an umpire judgement call
and not subject to appeal.
8. All substitute players will be acquired through the sub czars. The sub czar will choose a sub from the sub list FIRST
with a rating variance of no more than .1 +/- from the player being replaced. lf no player is available from the sub
list, sub czar may contact a rostered player with a rating variance of no more than .1 +/- from the player being
replaced. Once a sub is acquired, that sub plays in the game regardless of requesting team's change of plans.
9. All subs must be requested through the sub czars until 7PM the night before the game. Any player cancellation
after 7PM, the manager must contact a Blue League Commissioner to request a substitute player. The player will
be obtained by the Commissioner from the rostered player list using the same .t +/- rating.
1) lf there is a cancellation at game time and a player of .L +/- cannot be found a Commissioner can give
permission for the manager to play with 10 players.
2) The manager of the opposite team shall be advised by the Commissioner of a late player substitute or the
team playing with 10 players prior to the start of the game .
10. Games will be 7 innings in length with a 60-minute time clock. lf the 5th inning is finished with any time on the 60-
minute clock, the game will end on the completion of the 7th inning. lf the 5th inning is completed and there is no
time left on the clock the game will end on the completion of the 6th inning. The last game of the day will be
called completed, by the commissioner on duty at 4:30PM. lf an inning has not been completed the final score
will revert the score at the previous inning completed.
11. ln case of frost delay of 15 minutes or more the following occurs: All games for that day will be 55 a minute clock
and limited to 6 innings. The clock will start with the first pitch of the game. Commissioner on duty is to send a
text to 12 managers as soon as decision to delay is made.
12. The clock for all games will start with the first pitch. The 3'd game will end by 12:30 pm at the latest no matter where they are in the game. lf the inning is not
complete it will revert to the last finished inning for the final score. lf the 3d game does go past 12:15 pm, then the last game can go to 4:30 pm if needed but not
beyond that time. lf there is a frost delay rule 1L only effects the first three games.
13. lf a player is sick or injured during a game or does not show up for the same reasons, a suitable substitute will try to be found by a Blue League Commissioner
with the same or .1 plus or minus rating. lf a suitable substitute cannot be found then another rated player that the okays can play in the field but not bat. When
his turn to bat comes up they will not bat and it will NOT be an out. lf a player is eiected from a game, the substitute will NOT bat and when their turn comes up to
bat it will be an out.
14. Blue League Managers can pick a co-manager/assistant before a draft. That managers pick must be approved by the Blue League Commissioners.